Pediatric surgery deals with diagnosis and surgical treatment of a large variety of diseases found in children, from newborns period to teenagers. Pediatric surgery isn't confineded to a certain anatomical body area, like the chest or the abdomen, but covers a whole range of conditions specific to children, which require specific treatment. The child cannot be treated as a small-size adult. Although the child has same organs and systems as an adult person, they are in a different stage of developement.
Pediatric surgery can be defined as a combination of general surgery, plastic surgery thoracic surgery and urology, for the pediatric patient.
Pediatric surgery services provided by "Victor Babes" Clinic include :
- head and neck conditions : branchial cysts and fistulas, thyroglossal canal cysts, laterocervical adenopathies
- lymph-node conditions of infectious, tumoral or idiopathic causes
- inguinal, umbilical, epigastric hernia
- gastrointestinal conditions : acute appendicitis, Meckel's diverticulum
- genitourinary (GU) conditions : undescendent testicle, acute scrotum, varicocele, hydrocele, phimosis, labial adhesion, ovarian cysts; circumcision is also performed in our service
- skin and conjunctive tissue conditions : abscesses, furuncles, cysts, nodules, pigmentary naevi, hemangiomas, lymphangiomas, ingrowing nail
- Medical services