Neurosurgery - or Neurological Surgery - is the medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system.
Why consult a neurosurgeon ?
- for back pain, because :
- not all back pain is caused by a herniated disc
- not all back pain should be immediately investigate by medical imaging
- not all back pain associated with imaging changes of the spine should be operated on
- "second opinion" saves you from unnecessary expenses and offers you explanations and guides you to find the best treatment (medication, paravertebral or epidural infiltrations, physiotherapy)
- avoid mistakes in choosing the time of operation: too early or too late
- for pain and numbness in the case of entrapment syndromes (carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar syndrome, peroneal syndrome), because:
- in the initial phases of the evolution of these syndromes, the conservative treatment is effective (medication, local infiltrations)
- it is essential to choose the right operating moment
- by consulting an experienced neurosurgeon, avoid surgical reoperations
- for a headache, because :
- headache (cephalea) has multiple causes
- to indicate the most appropriate paraclinical investigation, avoid delays in establishing the diagnosis and expenses with inappropriate investigations
- brain tumors (meningiomas, metastases, etc.) must be operated on, but in certain situations they may benefit from other treatments (eg. : "Gamma-knife")
Choosing a Diagnosis and Treatment Center equipped with complete equipment is the guarantee of a correct diagnosis and treatment.
- Medical services & prices
Neurosurgery Senior Specialist
|Clinical examination Prof. Dr. Danil Adam||300|
|Check-up examination (within 30 days from the initial examination)||100|